Field Work (1)
Human Resources (1)
Machinery moving, Rigging, HVAC & Mechanical, aerospace, insurance, food & beverage, power & energy, financial services, industrial manufacturing & services, printing, medical, technology
...and the list goes on.
Rigger/Machinery Moving - CDL Class A
Interested in this position? Send us an email message.
Location: Spring Grove, IL
Salary/Pay Rate: Depending on Experience
Employment Type: Full Time
Non-union industrial services company, seeking high energy people for the following position. All positions require pre-employment and random drug screening. Work schedules are project based and the frequency of projects varies. WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL DRIVERS because our jobs start early - Chicago is too far of a drive to start in Spring Grove, IL.
- CDL Class A driver (MUST HAVE) will work as part of a crew disassembling, moving, assembling, leveling/alignment, and anchoring large machinery and equipment. The position requires getting dirty, heavy lifting of up to 120 lbs (team lift) individual lift of up to 60 lbs and sometimes working at heights over 6 feet.? Hours on the job typically start early and can be long depending on the project, but you will be home every night. Means of transportation to the shop (located in Spring Grove, IL) and/or job site is required, punctuality is critical. Our customers' businesses depend on us doing the job quickly and efficiently and having the flexibility to adapt to unknown circumstances. Doing that with a positive attitude, better than the competition is what sets our company apart. We are looking for energetic safety minded people with problem solving capabilities that enjoy rigorous work.
- Projects entail installing machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings using forklifts, cranes, gantries, hoists, hand tools, and power tools. Machinery weights vary from 500 lbs to 100,000 lbs but are typically 5000 lbs to 20,000 lbs.
- Types of equipment moved: industrial machinery (mills, lathes, routers, injection mold machines, CNC machines, conveyor systems, safes, etc.), food & beverage equipment (large commercial ovens, mixers, freezers, boilers, cooling towers, tanks, conveyor systems, etc.), printing equipment (large commercial grade printers), medical equipment (MRI units, CT scanners, etc.)
- Required - Class A CDL license, clean driving record, 48' flatbed or step deck experience, experience in securing and tarping of loads.
- Past experience in machinery moving and rigging.
- Operating large equipment -- Versa-Lift (25/35's, 40/60's, 60/80's), 75 ton mobilift, 200 ton gantrys.
Drivers looking to expand their skills and experience are encourage to apply.
Other Beneficial Knowledge, Skill & Abilities:
- Certified Welder
- Blueprint Reading
- HVAC/Machanical Experience
- Industrial Electrical -- Disconnect/connect electrical of machinery and equipment to be moved and installed.
- Good oral and written communication skills.