Field Work (1)
Human Resources (1)
Machinery moving, Rigging, HVAC & Mechanical, aerospace, insurance, food & beverage, power & energy, financial services, industrial manufacturing & services, printing, medical, technology
...and the list goes on.
Senior International Tax Manager (Position Filled)
Interested in this position? Send us an email message.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Salary/Pay Rate: Competitive Salary
Employment Type: Full Time
Senior Manager is responsible for advising clients of the tax implications relating to their business objectives, recommending alternate courses of action, as well as identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations. Senior Manager will be charged with marketing, networking and business development within his/her area of experience and specialization and maintaining key client relationships. Senior Manager is a critical part of the office's / region's Tax Services leadership team and in this capacity will act as source for guidance on complex tax questions and issues.
- Identifies complex situations when research is necessary providing an outline of the issue(s) and the appropriate source of research to be conducted.
- Analyzes researched facts and the sources utilized prior to composing a detailed report of the research findings.
- Prepares WTA and tax returns as appropriate.
- Ensures clients comply with applicable authorities while identifying options for minimizing the client's tax and reporting burdens.
- Manages client engagements.
- Conducts detailed review of T/R and other client supplied data and identifies basic, complex and advanced issues throughout the engagement.
- Develops, recommends and implements international tax consulting specialties to provide clients with maximum tax benefits related to current and future tax obligations.
- Ensures client service teams comply with firm policy regarding written tax advice (WTA) and assists with the implementation of firm strategies and TSIs.
- Coordinates completion of any compliance / reporting requirements associated with the consulting services provided on client engagements.
- Interprets existing and new laws, along with client facts, to maximize client benefits and identifies need for other expert resources, internal and external, to assist where necessary with controversy resolution.
- Represents clients before any tax authority on contested issues, as appropriate.
Tax Related Software:
- Utilizes Caseware, GoSystems, tax research databases and other tax-related software in the completion of assigned tasks.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the technical and practical issues and opportunities regarding International taxation and explores specializing in one or more international tax areas.
- Identifies opportunities for tax alerts in areas of specialty and assists in the drafting of those alerts.
- Applies standards, firm policies and BDO Tax Quality Manual requirements regarding ASC 740 and FIN 48.
- Reviews tax provisions.
- Coordinates review of application of ASC 740 to foreign jurisdictions.
- Reviews studies of tax implications in an effort to provide client with alternative courses of action.
- Assists with the research and implementation of potential tax strategies, to include the development of cross-border strategies.
- Suggests marketing approaches for new ideas.
Other duties as required
- Supervises the day-to-day workload of Senior Associates and Associates and Interns on assigned engagements and reviews work product.
- Ensures Senior Associates and Associates and Interns are trained on all relevant tax software.
- Delivers periodic performance feedback and completes performance evaluations for Senior Associates and Associates and Interns.
- Acts as mentor to Senior Associates and Associates and Interns, as appropriate.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in International Tax.
- Prior experience supervising tax professionals on a project or engagement basis preferred.
- Prior experience preparing and/or reviewing tax provisions high desired.
- Prior experience with corporate taxation, consolidations and partnerships beneficial.
- CPA and Law Review preferred.
- JD/LLM or MBA beneficial.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience utilizing RIA, BNA, Lexis Nexis and/or Westlaw, beneficial.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior analytical and research skills.
- Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details.
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment.
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capable of effective managing a team of tax professionals and delegating work assignments as needed.
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel.
- Ability to encourage team environment on engagements and contribute to the professional development of assigned personnel.
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary contact on assigned engagements.
- Ability to successfully interact with professionals at all levels.
- Ability to prepare complex tax returns.
- Advanced knowledge of sources of relevant information utilized in tax filings as well as the most widely-used filing forms and awareness of other less widely used forms.
- Advanced understanding of the technical and practical issues and opportunities regarding one or more areas of taxation.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of general calculations and cause / effect for taxable conditions on clients and the potential tax issues.
- Strong legal writing background and familiarity with the IRAC method of analysis.