Field Work (1)
Human Resources (1)
Machinery moving, Rigging, HVAC & Mechanical, aerospace, insurance, food & beverage, power & energy, financial services, industrial manufacturing & services, printing, medical, technology
...and the list goes on.
Interested in this position? Send us an email message.
Location: Decatur, IL
Salary/Pay Rate: Competitive Salary
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Shift Superintendent, you will oversee the operations activities for the site with a "hands on" approach. You will support teams that should be known for exceptional efficiency and quality control. Some of the tools you should be familiar with to accomplish these goals include Inventory and Materials Management Best Practices, Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques, value stream mapping, CPS, standard work/process engineering, cross-functional deployment maps, multi-generational project plans and key performance indicator scorecards.
Scope: Heavy machinery distribution / warehousing (parts, WIP, and finished goods); from 150-250 employees per site, 250-500k square feet per facility, running multiple shifts; opportunities for metrics and other operations improvement initiatives.
Shift: Openings on all shifts in all three facilities (please specify shift preferences when applying)
- Monitors achievement of required facility performance levels for Productivity, Quality, Safety, and Cost Containment. Duties vary by facility.
- Kitting / Sequencing / Cycle Counts / Picklists / Inventory Accuracy.
- Material tracking and planning with customer/supplier.
- Inventory management and tracking with customer/supplier.
- Manpower utilization, planning, and implementation.
- Maintains relationships with internal and external customers.
- Monitors and maintains relevant operational performance metrics.
- Drives accountability for performance to Supervisors through Leadership by Example.
- 5+ years Logistics / Supply Chain / Inventory & Materials Management experience required.
- 3PL experience preferred.
- Documented success in Inventory Accuracy using older, legacy systems in an environment that includes on kitting, sequencing, cycle counts, picklists, and overall quality.
- Experience managing a large number of SKUs in both WIP and finished goods state.
- Must have a track record of success overseeing a site shift of comparable scale (see above).
- Track record of success solving a variety of inventory/distribution issues with speed and safety.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; APICS and/or Six Sigma certifications desired.
The ideal candidate will have inventory management experience within a fast-paced 3PL environment providing logistics services to heavy machinery clients using legacy systems. Distribution and/or Production environment experience and a track record of success coordinating top-performing teams and delivering outstanding results with a customer-service orientation is a must. He or she will be able to meet challenges and satisfy a demanding customer with confidence and resourcefulness and will be extremely motivated to succeed - high energy and strong sense of urgency and drive are essential for success in this role. The ideal incumbent will be excited to work hands on with their team members and walk the floor often - this is not a desk job.
- Customer service oriented: A pleasant, can-do attitude; approachable and engaging.
- Excellent work ethic and integrity required: Both are essential to meeting customer demands and production expectations in a fast-paced environment.
- Leadership: Deals fairly but firmly with employees; does not avoid confrontation; motivational.
- Decision Making: Makes educated decisions with minimal direction.
- Accountable: Leads by example and sets clear expectations.
- Safety and Quality focused.
- Team player: Builds credibility and respect of team by helping others succeed.
- Hands on: Must work directly with team members and "walk the floor" often.
- Communication: Able to relay thoughts and direction to many levels of employees and peers with tact and clarity. Excellent follow-up skills are a must.
- Determined / Adaptable: Ability to succeed in a sometimes ambiguous or hectic environment.
- Strong attention to detail and a thirst for knowledge and continual learning/improvement.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and meet scheduling demands.